Think of World Spirituality Day as The Earth Day for the Spirit. Just as Earth Day is celebrated worldwide now, in an infinite number of ways, since its inception in 1970, World Spirituality Day has the same potential to expand into a boundless kaleidoscope of worldwide gatherings and events, big and small, year after year. There really is something here for everyone, regardless of your race, religion, gender, age or culture.
Suggestions on How to Celebrate and Create Your Own World Spirituality Day Event Wherever You Are
World Spirituality Day can occur at different times depending upon how your culture or religious denomination celebrates New Years Eve. Most people using the roman calendar celebrate New Years Eve December 31st. The nondenominational World Spirituality Day is simple to participate in and can be celebrated either alone or in a group. Here are some suggestions:
• Any location or time during World Spirituality Day will work but if possible, it is better to pick a location and time of the day that is highly meaningful to you and/or your group.
• Before you start, spend a few moments getting into a relaxed, meditative or worshipful state.
• Set your intention to remember as much as possible about these unique life changing spiritual experiences.
• Remember in as much sensory detail as possible your single most profound and transformational personal spiritual experience. If you like, and you have more than one, go to your next most profound and transformational spiritual experience and so on until you naturally want to take a break. Many people soon begin to feel an amazing sense of overflowing well-being, strength and peace that for some, longs to be shared. And if you think you’re one of those people who loves to share,
• Set up a gathering with friends and share your profound, transformational spiritual experiences and listen to theirs.
• Create resolutions for the New Year, either in private or in public, which may or may not have a connection to this reflection on your transformational spiritual experiences.
• Dance and sing following the reflections and resolution making if that feels authentic and right for you.
• If so desired, celebrate and/or carry on with the rest of your New Year’s party plans inspired by the effects of your personal World Spirituality Day event.
There are many creative variations you could add to further enhance your World Spirituality Day experience. It is recommended that you add whatever you like and experiment.