Universe Spirit like most spiritual organizations has either created or found new symbols or has adopted various older symbols that have important spiritual, evolutionary or life-related meanings. This page describes the rich meanings of all the symbols that we use.
Our Main Logo: The Open Circle with the Eight Point Star Burst
The open circle with an eight pointed shining star symbol at the center is the logo and symbol of our Evolution Spirituality movement and our Universe Spirit organization. It is also one of the common symbols associated with the Universe Evolutionary Worldview, the Unissance social network, the Universe College, the Universe Principles of Sustainability, Universe Citizens, Universe Evolutionaries and the new Universe Consciousness. As you will see below this symbol is rich in multiple layers of universe and non-universe related meaning.
In Our Main Logo: The Eight Point Star with the White Dot in the Center Represents:
- Ultimate Reality at the center of and paradoxically surrounding and including all forms of universe reality,
- the highest individual identity, meanings and purposes of self, soul or spirit embodied within the incomplete progressively evolving universe of time and space,
- the Big Bang origin point and event that gave birth to this universe,
- the Stars that went into supernova so that the periodic table of elements necessary for life and our human species on our planet could be born,
- the centrality and importance of self-reflective and universe-reflective human consciousness just beginning to partner in progressively and consciously co-evolving the universe using the Universe Principles of Sustainability,
- the critical importance of this current era in human history birthing the new Universe Evolutionary Worldview and its shining benefits to the future generations of this planet and all progressive evolution in the universe.
In Our Main Logo: The Unfinished Circle Represents:
- our openness to all knowledge and wisdom sources,
- our humbling recognition that our best science fact probabilities and spiritual belief/truths are not absolute certainties, but just working probabilities until even more accurate facts and belief/truths (probabilities,) are discovered in our shared evolutionary life process,
- the incomplete and expanding universe or multi-universes,
- the incompleteness of progressive evolution in this universe,
- the humbling incompleteness of our ever evolving knowledge and understanding of life in the universe itself,
- the Cosmic Uroborus of scale perspective, (The timeless symbol of the snake trying to eat its own tail),
- the circle opening to the right and off of center symbolizes that there is disharmony and imbalance in the universe and it is also a integrated part of the universe's evolutionary processes,
- the humbling incompleteness of our knowledge of Ultimate Reality,
- the endlessly increasing empowerment found within transformative, direct personal spiritual experience of Ultimate Reality balanced with authentic spiritual practice (Authentic spiritual practice to us includes among other things spiritual decision making, psychological shadow work and spiritualized action and service in the world),
- the unending evolving possibilities of expanding your personal spirituality through infinity and eternity,
- the unending and incomplete search for the universal common denominators of spirituality and meta-spirituality (the core essences of all religions) that will unite us in our highest spiritual intentions and Origins and yet still appreciate and respect our many spiritual diversities.
- a collaborative searching space where there is always an opening for new knowledge and wisdom to enter,
In Our Main Logo: The Two Sides of the Open Circle Reaching Toward Each Other Represent:
- the ever expanding physical universe,
- the integration and the continuous dynamic process of balancing the values and wisdom of spirituality with the rationality and fact probabilities of science,
- the integration and the continuous dynamic process of balancing the new Universe Evolutionary Worldview's encompassing (and not overthrowing,) process of transcendence and inclusion. This refers particularly to including all of the best of humanity's life-affirming heritage of spiritual values and wisdom integrated with the best of our science, art philosophy while still seeking to transcend these best inclusions to date and, while still transcending those non life-affirming things from our past spiritual, scientific and cultural heritage that no longer serve our overall health and well being. "Transcend and include" and/or "encompassing not overthrowing" are some of our most often used slogans,
- the integration and balancing of art with spirituality,
- the integration and power re-balancing of male and female gender issues in evolution, life and spirituality. (This means re-integrating and re-balancing the currently dominant patriarchal and male power biased social and spiritual practices, customs and institutions with the matriarchal, communion, nurturing and other qualities of the social and spiritual feminine.)
- The integration and the continuous dynamic process of balancing western and eastern spirituality, (Eastern spirituality often characterizes Ultimate Reality in the impersonal absolutes of Buddhahood, Consciousness or the unifying creative force in Nature. Western spirituality often characterizes Ultimate Reality in the personal absolutes of God, Allah, Jehovah, the Trinity, the Universal One, or, one of many other both personal sacred names given to the Creator and Origin of all reality. At Universe Spirit we embrace and hold openness toward the possibilities of both the personal and impersonal absolutes of Ultimate Reality coexisting simultaneously,
- the seeking of the state of a dynamic evolving balance vs. rigidity or inflexibility,
- the integration of currently valid science with the life-affirming spiritual wisdom from earlier eras (pre-modern, traditional, modern, postmodern and post-post modern integral,) with the most current science and new spiritual wisdom on the new Universe Evolutionary Worldview.
Other Symbols We Use at Events and In Our Materials:
These symbols are designed to help us both feel and understand an accurate, useful perspective of our true location, value and identity in the evolutionary Universe. The meanings of these science-derived symbols counter the extreme and inaccurate ideas of scientific materialism that this universe is a cold mostly dark universe and, that the universe and ourselves are meaningless.
The symbols below were first mentioned in a new book called View from the Center of the Universe by Joel Primack and Nancy Abrams. These symbols along with our highly meaningful logo at the top left of the web pages are currently the main symbols of our organization. (The meaning of our logo is farther down the page.)
The Oval with the 2 Curved Lines with a Dot only on the Left Side
"We live at more or less the midpoint in the life span of our planet.”
“Our planet was formed along with the sun and other planets about 4.5 billion years ago. It has about 6 billion more years to go before it is roasted when our sun swells into a giant red dwarf. We also live in the middle of the billion-year period during which the Earth is most hospitable to complex life. From the point of view of our species, whose recorded history is a mere 5,000 years, today is late enough to have evolved to our present abilities while early enough still to have a potential future so vast it beggars the imagination."
From, View from the Center of the Universe, by Joel Primack and Nancy Abrams, page 271-272.
The 2 Cones on Top of Each other with a Vertical line Going Through Them and an Open Dot at its Center
"We live at the midpoint of universe time.”
“From astronomical observation and perspective this is also a peak time in the entire evolution of the universe. Most nearby galaxies are middle-aged, past their violent youths but not yet senescent and finished with star formation. The most distant galaxies – – – which we have just acquired the technological ability to see – – – are beginning to disappear over the cosmic horizon now that the one slowing expansion of the universe has begun instead to accelerate. The universe as we are observing today will truly become mythic, since it will become the lost Golden age – – – a fabulously rich sky that, our distant descendents will know, actually existed but never be seen again."
From, View from the Center of the Universe, by Joel Primack and Nancy Abrams, page 271.
The Snake Eating its tail, the Cosmic Uroboros
"We live at the middle of all possible scales and sizes."
“We live in a place where the possibility of tremendous variety and complexity coming in small packages keeps life interesting. Life of our complexity could bloom under no other size scales of the cosmic order Uroboros.”
For more on the wonders of why our size scale in the universe is so important, see, View from the Center of the Universe, by Joel Primack and Nancy Abrams, Chapter 6 - What Size Is the Universe, the Cosmic Uroboros
The Pyramid that is mostly solid below in the White Space with a much Smaller Blue space on top and a Dot at the Top of the Pyramid
"We are physically made of the rarest material in the universe: stardust."
When you consider the percentage composition of all matter and energy in the universe we are truly rare and if rareness is importance then we are important. When you look at the pyramid symbol imagine that the biggest white portion at the bottom of it represents all invisible matter and energy in the universe. It is specifically the 70 percent of the universe that's composed of dark energy, the 25 percent of the universe composed cold dark matter and the 4 percent of the universe composed of all invisible atoms.
The blue section on top of the white section represents the visible parts of the universe specifically hydrogen and helium atoms which represent one half of one percent of all matter and energy in the universe. When you get to the very top of the pyramid you see a small dot and that dot represents all other visible atoms from which we are composed. All of these other visible atoms compose only one hundredth of a percent of all matter and energy in the universe. On the level of rarity creating value and importance we as humans are truly made of the most rare matter and energy in the universe.
A Graph with a Curved line and a Dot at its Top
"We live in a evolutionary turning point for species from the point of view of the generations alive at this moment…
It is late enough that we are sobering up to the scale of our problems, but not so late that we have lost all chance to solve them. This is a special time that will never come again."
From, View from the Center of the Universe, by Joel Primack and Nancy Abrams, page 272. See also Chapter 9: Think Cosmically, Act Globally.
We can act to solve the problems we are facing as a planet and as the human species. The new Universe Worldview, universe consciousness and the new Universe Principles of Life will help us do it!
The Small Solid Circle within 3 Larger Circles
"We live at the center of our own cosmic spheres of time."
We are the dot at the center. The nested circles around the dot represent greater and greater Universe time frames. The main meaning and importance of this symbol is the psychological (not physical,) centrality of each of us (as well as humanity,) in relationship to the vast spans of time in the universe.
This symbol of our time centrality gives us both as individuals and humanity a rational and real psychological importance in the universe. There are detailed scientific reasons for why this is true. If you'd like to know all of them we recommend that you read Chapter 5 - What Is the Center of the Universe: The Cosmic Spheres of Time, in the new book, View from the Center of the Universe, by Joel Primack and Nancy Abrams. This chapter also contains more details on each sphere and the various time expanding universe time perspectives they symbolize.
The Four Wavy Lines with a Circle and Dot Within the Circle
"We live in the universe that may be a rare bubble of space time in the infinite, seething cauldron of the eternal meta-universe.”
“Outside our absolutely unique and isolated bubble, which we call the Big Bang, there is neither space nor time, as we know it. But here inside, there is time for evolution and history and there is space across which connections can form and structures can develop. We are not geographically central in and in eternal inflation but we are very special."
For more on the wonders of eternal inflation and the meta universe of universes, see View from the Center of the Universe by Joel Primack and Nancy Abrams, Chapter 7- Where Do We Come from: the Cosmic Las Vegas.